S2 Options info video
Senior Phase Options
MUSIC PERFORMING N3-ADVANCED HIGHER
- Learn to play 2 instruments (can recieve instrumental tuition outwith classes where pupils will recieve an additional lesson with a specialist tutor)
- Learn how write your own music.
- Learn how to identify musical concepts in a variety of question types
N4 ADDED VALUE UNIT - Perform an 8 minute programme (grade 2) across 2 instruments in front of an internal examiner
N5 FINAL ASSESSMENT - Perform an 8 minute programme (grade 3) across 2 instruments in front of an external examiner
HIGHER AND ADVANCED HIGHER- 12 minute and 18 minute programme over 2 instruments.
MUSIC TECHNOLOGY N3-HIGHER
N5 RADIO SHOW
DRAMA - N3- HIGHER
ADDED VALUE UNIT
- You will be given the opportunity to develop a performance. You will be introduced to a range of stimuli including images and text to interpret and respond to.
- You will work in a group to discuss and select ideas that will lead up to a theatrical presentation.
- You will develop your knowledge and understanding of dramatic form, style, technique and structure.
- There will be the opportunity to work as both an actor and director.
- You will work practically to learn about the different productions skills required to stage a piece of theatre.
- You will be given the opportunity to experiment with performance concepts in a range of production areas.
- These are set design, lighting, sound, make-up, props, costume, acting and stage management.
- As part of a production team you will use the skills to produce a short piece of theatre.
ADDED VALUE UNIT
- You will take part in a theatre production specialising in one of the production areas you have learned about.
- You will have the opportunity to take on an acting of design role.
- The performance will be presented to an audience and will be recorded and marked.
- You will generate a folio containing your plans, rehearsal logs and evaluation of your work